Monday, April 15, 2013

a home shopping list to make my bank account cry

I wish my weekend had been worthy of a blog post but sadly, I spent a lot of time doing housework.
We still have a whole room of boxes that needed to be sorted out & now I am pleased to say, all I am waiting for now is to have enough money to go out & buy the rest of the furniture & storage solutions.
I am admittedly, super excited for everything to have a place!

My Shopping List

  • Lack Coffee Table $89 - going to use this to house my TV & Playstation, it has inbuilt magazine storage & space underneath for...
  • Kassett CD Boxes with Lids $6.95 per 2pk - to store my massive CD collection & Kassett Magazine Holders $8.95 per 2pk - hopefully I won't be storing too many magazines underneath here, they will mostly be Rolling Stone & some miscellaneous magazines (all my regulars I seek to destroy & file in my...
  • Soho 2 Drawer Filing Cabinet $89 - it's a bit grey & dreary but it's too hard painting powder coated steel so I might just pretty it up with some cute magnets
  • Expedit 4 Cube Shelving Unit $49 - for all my odds & ends. I will definitely invest in some of the inserts such as the Expedit 2 Drawer Insert $35 & the Drona Box that will no doubt be filled with things that seem to be homeless
  • Expedit Large Cube Shelving Unit $249 - the most exxy & important piece of furniture as it will be holding all of my collectables (this is a long time coming & just SO exciting for me) & maybe even my comics & graphic novels if I can find a way to fit them in. I'm definitely going to add a couple of the Glass Door Inserts $25 for my smaller collectables, plus the double shelving will save room! 
  • Vardo Bed Storage $29.95 - my bed has room for 4 of them but I will start off with 3, one for my massive (soon-to-be vaccuum sealed tee shirt collection), one for my plushes I can't bear to part with (I swear there isn't many left but I still need somewhere to put them) & lastly, one for my general miscellaneous awesomeness (think a combination of plastic lobsters, rubber chickens, magnifying glasses, play doh... thinks which I love & appreciate but needs a home). 
Things I Still Want/Need but Am Still Deciding On
  • I still haven't decided on a DVD holder (by DVD's I mean TV series since all my DVDs are mixed in with the massive collection in the lounge room) that fits the amount I have. 
  • I haven't decided on an art trolley either since I have a big mix of craft stuff and scrapbooking (paper takes up a lot of room) I'm still brainstorming the best way to combine the too without taking too much space.
  • We haven't found the right TV unit for the lounge room either which will become more important next few weeks as we will attempt to bring our awesome brand spanking new 3D TV home for the first time. 
  • We still need to get a dining table & a small "conversation" setting for the backyard. 
  • I want a lawn flamingo for the garden too & some cute planters for my future herb garden.
  • Eventually I will need a new desk if I get into Uni, I will need somewhere I can spread out books for study but for now, the tiny little square desk will have to do. 
So this is my shopping list, now back to budgeting.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment