Monday, June 3, 2013

wa day long weekend

Wow, what a weekend!

On Friday night a handful of my best friends and I went to support NHPW (read: wrestling) and it's alway such a blast.
I'm afraid we may be those people who chant obnoxiously loud, we like to call it "team spirit"
Of course, seeing Colt Cabana again was great, he is super nice and I think he's kinda cute.
Also, watching Awesome Kong run through two grown men was definitely entertaining.

Colt Cabana
NHPW Promo Poster

After the wrestling finished, we went to the local pub to bid farewell to a friend of ours who is going to off to travel Europe for eight months, so naturally, I hate and love him.
Saturday was spent napping and searching for a dress big enough to fit my 6"9 boyfriend and unsurprisingly I had no luck. I did however have ice cream with sherbet (which I have been craving for almost six months prior - so satisfying).

Saturday night I dressed up as a magician for my friend's carnival/circus theme 21st birthday party.
It was amazing! I'm talking popcorn machine, fairy floss machine, slushy machine, karaoke machine... seriously, it was crazy!
I saw a few people I hadn't seen since I graduated high school (isn't it the most awkward thing? I hate talking about myself: "Oh so you've been working full time for the last 3 years and have nothing to show for it? That's cool". Blergh) but I still had a few of my nearest and dearest to share the night with so all in all it was great.

some of my fav friends: lee, siobhan, campbell & adam 

Sunday night my best friends and I went to 'State of the Art' music festival where I got to see three of my favourite Perth bands live; The Love Junkies, The Chemist and of course, Karnivool.
We had fantastic seats for Karnivool and the sound and lighting was amazing!
It was the fifth time I've seen them live but the first time in a seated venue.

the view from our amazing seats
Monday I spent with my boyfriend and his family in Rockingham for a BBQ lunch, the weather was hot and freezing depending on the cloud coverage which was pretty frustrating and I loved my outfit but my white shirt got dirty before I had the chance to take pictures.

it was a beautiful day for a BBQ

Oh well, I got a nice snap of the foreshore and being out in the sun reminded me how much I love relaxing and reading out in the fresh air and sunshine! Pity I made that revelation at the start of winter. Sigh.
sally hansen xtreme wear in "disco ball" & MUD in "blue moon"
One home I enjoyed a relaxing afternoon excluding my workout (yes I JFDI for once) and I had the chance to read some magazines and paint my nails! So an allround great weekend!
I hope yours was just as incredible!



No comments:

Post a Comment