Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Heart Deadpool


My mother always told me that I have an "obsessive personality" which meant two things to me, one: I was never allowed to do hard drugs and two: I have always been a massive fangirl
I'm talking many phases growing up: Hot Wheels, Marvin the Martian, Mr. Bump and even animals such as ducks, cats and the humble platypus. I'm not going to give you my list, because I'm sure I will blog about all of my obsessions at one point or another. Today I am talking about my favourite Merc with a Mouth.


Deadpool is my one true comic book love, the character who really dragged my ass back to the comic book world three years ago. My second comic book love is Catwoman (obviously) - anyway, back to Wade Wilson <3. Just look at him...



Not only is he the biggest smart-mouth/shit-talking/bad-ass/immortal mercenary in the Marvel Universe but his backstory isn't exactly a pretty one (cancer + failed experiment) but let's face it, he definitely made the most of a bad thing and is the taco-loving, gun-weilding sociopath we know and love today! :D



Oh, did I mention this month his game is released (26th June for Australia) and I can't wait!!!!!
Deadpool made his on screen debut in X Men Origins: Wolverine in 2009 and I don't want to get into a long rant about his character portrayal but let's just leave it at, I found it disappointing.
I love Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, I just hate that they took away his mouth which is his main asset! Seriously people!


There are still updates on the spin off X Men Origins: Deadpool film *fingers crossed* and I have a feeling it will rely soley on the popularity of this new game. As a whole though, he has gotten a million times more popular in the recent years, everyone is jumping on the Deadpool bandwagon which is a double edges sword for a fangirl. 1) The secret satisfaction of loving something that few people know about vs 2) The fanbase demanding more things (more comics, clothing, collectibles, games, movies) - meaning more things for you to fangirl about, but on a bad day, man do I wish I had him all to myself. Haha.



Okay, enough ranting, I'm sure you get by now that I HEART DEAPOOL, so here is my list of current collectable gems that the Deadpool fanbase demand is popping out (I can't stay mad at them really, they obviously have good taste :P)


Case Point: welovefine has a massive selection of Deadpool tees, but I've just picked my favs

My Deadpool Wishlist

Tees
little yellow boxes // chillin is my business // shark punch // pancakes // classy top hat // classic minimalist // tacos

Collectables
deadpool unmasked
deadpool uncanny x force unmasked

Available on ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment